PLU MAP YOUR FUTURE: A STUDY AWAY SCHOLARSHIP FOR FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS WITH 30 OR FEWER TRANSFER CREDITS
To attract and encourage globally oriented students to participate in a transformative study away experience, PLU offers first-year students with 30 or fewer transfer credits the MAP YOUR FUTURE SCHOLARSHIP. Twelve $500 scholarships will be awarded annually and are to be used for participation in a PLU Gateway, Featured or short-term study away program during the student’s academic career at PLU.
To be eligible for the Map Your Future Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled at PLU in their first year with 30 or fewer transfer credits at the time of application
- Participate in an eligible PLU study away program (Gateway, Featured, Short-Term)
- Complete a FAFSA
- Demonstrate financial need - contact the Office of Student Financial Services if you are unsure if you qualify
Recipients of the following are not eligible:
- VA Benefits
- Tuition exchange/remission/ELCA full-tuition benefits from PLU
- Brue Travel Award
Applications will continue to be accepted after the Nov. 15th deadline, as funding is available.
Map Your Future scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- unmet financial need
- quality of submitted essays
Map Your Future Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Executive Director of the Wang Center in consultation with the Office of Student Financial Services.
Follow-up requirement for recipients of the MAP YOUR FUTURE Scholarship
If awarded, Map Your Future Scholarship recipients will be asked to share their experiences and encourage other students to study abroad. More information regarding this requirement will be made available in the award letter.